Want to sound like a member of the Soprano family? Fuhgeddaboutit! With these easy instructions, you could quickly be mistaken for il capo di tutti capi. Bada boom! Bada bing!
Time Required: three months
- Learn some Italian from the About.com Italian Language GuideSite.
- Watch mobster movies like Goodfellas, Mean Streets, or the Godfather trilogy to pick up some mafia lingo.
- Spend some time in Brooklyn or Northern New Jersey to perfect that unique accent.
- Start with a few key phrases, and liberally use the infamous f-word every three or four words in a sentence. For example:
- "Fuhgeddaboutit! I didn't f*#kin' do it, honest!"
- "Fuhgeddaboutit! No really Frankie, you keep the f*#kin' money!"
- "Fuhgeddaboutit! Ain't no big f*#kin' deal."
- Invent a nickname for yourself, like "Joey Baloney" or "Sausage Head."
- Don't forget the details - like garlic breath after a delicious bowl of spaghetti aglio e olio.
- The more uneducated and ignorant you sound, the better, so pay no attention to grammar.
What You Need
- Hand gestures
- Big hair
- Pinkie rings
- Three-piece suit
- Black Cadillac